Microsoft has introduced Surface Pro 3, a the lightweight tablet with power and performance you expect from a laptop. Surface Pro 3 has a 12-inch ClearType Full HD display, 4th-generation Intel Core processor and up to 8 GB of RAM.
Because it runs Windows 8.1 Pro, desktop software can be run on it including Microsoft Office. It also has nine hours of Web-browsing battery life. Surface Pro 3 also features Surface Pen which launches a fresh page in OneNote just a click of the pen.
Technical specifications are as below
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro
- Dimensions: 7.93 in x 11.5 in x 0.36 in
- Weight: 1.76 lbs
- Casing: Magnesium
- Color: Silver
- Physical buttons: Volume, Power, Home
- Storage 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB
- Display Screen: 12-inch ClearType Full HD display
- Resolution: 2160 x 1440
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Touch: Multitouch input
- CPU: 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i5-4300U (1.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost up to 2.90 GHz) with Intel® HD Graphics 4400; 4 GB or 8 GB of RAM — dual-channel LPDDR3
- CPU: 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Processor, System memory: 4GB or 8GB memory options
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/802.11 a/b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0 low energy technology
- Battery Up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life
- Cameras: 5MP and 1080p HD front- and rear-facing cameras
- A/V: Built-in front- and rear-facing microphones, Stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio-enhanced sound
- Ports: Full-size USB 3.0; microSD card reader; Headset jack ; Mini DisplayPort. Cover port; Charging port
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor; Accelerometer; Gyroscope; Magnetometer
- Power supply: 36W power supply (including 5W USB for accessory charging)
Companies such as BMW Group, The Coca-Cola Company and LVMH - Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton have already committed to purchasing and deploying the device as one of the choices inside their organizations.
Starting at an estimated retail price of just $799, Surface Pro 3 will be offered in multiple configurations featuring 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors. Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro Type Cover and Surface Pen will be available for pre-order starting May 21.
Beginning June 20 in Canada and the United States, customers can purchase Intel® Core™ i5 Surface Pro 3 and select accessories. Additional configurations will become available during August, and additional accessories will be available in the next few months.
By the end of August, Surface Pro 3 and select new accessories will become available for purchase in 26 additional markets, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.